This assignment is divided into three parts. In Part A, you will look at a case study of motivation at Classic Hospitality and analyze how motivation theory could be applied to this business. In Part B, you will complete the exercise “Linking Concepts to Practice.” In Part C, you will write your thoughts and reflections about your experience with working in a team. Be sure to incorporate the information you have learned throughout this module into your answers.
Parts A and B will count for 10 per cent of your final course grade with marks distributed as follows:
|Part A: Motivation at Classic Hospitality||60|
|Part B: Linking Concepts to Practice||40|
Part C: Working in a Team contributes to your major project and will count for 4 per cent of your major project mark.
Part A: Motivation at Classic Hospitality (60 marks)
- Read the case “Motivation at Classic Hospitality” on page 278 of your textbook, Fundamentals of Management, and answer the following three questions (these three questions are on page 279 in your text):
- If you were interested in working in the hospitality industry, would you consider a job at Classic Hospitality? Why or why not? (15 marks)
- How many activities in this case can you tie into specific motivational theories? List the activities, the motivational theory, and how the activities apply. (30 marks)
- Do you believe that bonus programs, such as an extra week’s pay if at least 95 per cent effectiveness of a job is achieved, transportation assistance, and the like, would work in other types of jobs? If so, which ones, and why? If not, why not? (15 marks)
Part B: Linking Concepts to Practice (40 marks)
- The main topic in Chapter 8 is Leadership. Now it is time for you to link the concepts you learned in this chapter to practice. Answer the following two questions (these two questions are on page 245 in your textbook):
- “All managers should be leaders, but not all leaders should be managers.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Support your position. (20 marks)
- “Charismatic leadership is always appropriate in organizations.” Do you agree or disagree? Support your position. (20 marks)
Part C: Working in a Team (Major Project) (4% of your major project mark)
You have learned about the challenges of managing in a team environment. Now, it is time to apply your knowledge to your real-world experiences.
- Reflect upon a time when you were involved in a team project. (It could have been in your work environment such as your work department, or in a more personal capacity, such as a church group or a soccer or football team, etc.).
- Write a report approximately two pages in length (approximately 500 words) that answers the questions listed below.
- The project/team: What was it? Who was involved? (10 marks)
- The goal: What was the goal of the team? How was the goal communicated? Was it commonly held among members of the team? (30 marks)
- Your role: What role did you take on? Why? Looking back, should you have taken on a different role? Explain your reasoning. (30 marks)
- Management and Motivation: What management strategies did the leader of the team use? Was it effective? How did the leader motivate the team? Did his or her strategies work for you? (30 mar
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]